Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Beginnings






















I read an article the other day about personal growth, and it struck this magnificent chord deep within me, because at that very moment I could truly connect with it's message. And the timing... Well it was sort of impeccable:

"Courage may be the single most important characteristic for changing your life inertia. Making a change requires risk and risk is scary because when you risk, you may fail (of course, the other side of the coin is that only by taking risks can we truly succeed)." - Jim Taylor, Ph.D. in The Power of Prime

Hmm... Courage? Do I have enough of it? Is my courage solid enough to sustain me through what I am about to embark upon? This wasn't the first time I asked myself these questions and it probably won't be the last.

(By the way, "embark" = hurling myself at a great unknown).

After many months of prayer and deep conversation with my better half (hi honey!), he reassured me time and again that he will always support me with whatever it is I choose to do. I was encouraged to go for it. Push the button. Yes, that big red button that screams DANGER - UNKNOWN!! in big fat bold font.

Today I feel that courage more than ever, but it isn't just my own. It is drawn not only from my own spirit but from my husband, my son, my family and others who have inspired me with their own stories. And most importantly from God, whose courage is the kind that will sustain you through anything.

And it turns out that red button was not actually red at all... It's a little shiny black one located on the top right hand side of my camera :)

So this spring season, the season that overflows with new beginnings, marks the beginning of my journey and I hope you will all join along for the adventures to come!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Very inspirational... There's been many times where fear has halted me from my goals or dreams, but at the same time sometimes that lack of courage is what tells you that you're not completely ready yet... And you my dear are ready!!! I will be there with you on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, it means a lot to have your support :) I remember when we would talk about these things while sipping our Starbucks, back in the ole' carefree days! Dreams realized... Aspirations!

      Delete
  2. Gooo for it girl! I'm so proud of you for taking the first step towards a new future for you and your family. Hopefully, your example will give me the courage to do the same.....maybe....lol

    I can't wait to see more.....

    ReplyDelete